This summer, Time Life will unearth rare treasures from the Golden Age of TV not seen in more than 40 years with THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: THE LOST EPISODES. Showcasing the early days of one of the most honored and beloved shows in television history, Time Life will initially release long lost episodes from the first five seasons of The Carol Burnett Show in two singular configurations. THE LOST EPISODES ULTIMATE COLLECTION, priced at $200, will include 22 DVDs, over 20 hours of specially-created bonus programming, a collectible guest book and more, housed in a deluxe collector's box. For Carol's biggest fans, THE VIP EDITION (priced at $400), will feature everything in the ULTIMATE COLLECTION, plus Carol will hand-sign a personalized greeting on the cover of the guest book. Each VIP EDITION will be numbered and arrive with a Certificate of Authenticity. Available exclusively online, both configurations are available to pre-order now at LostCarolEpisodes.com.
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: THE LOST EPISODES features original broadcast episodes from Seasons 1-5 (1967-1972), hand-picked by Carol herself. And across 45 magical episodes - true treasures from the vault, not seen since their original airing more than forty years ago - consumers will see the very first steps of a TV icon, the magic of Carol's cast coming together, and an incredible array of guest stars including Carol's hero, Lucille Ball, along with Eddie Albert, Bing Crosby, Phyllis Diller, Bob Newhart, Don Rickles, Chita Rivera, Joan Rivers, Mel Torme, Nancy Wilson, Jonathan Winters and many, many more.
Certain to thrill fans of both the series and classic television alike, the award-winning TV DVD archivists at Time Life have also created over 20 hours of bonus programming that enhance an already spectacular set. Included are:
- Seven featurettes, including: "On the Spot: Carol's Q&A," "Fabulous Firsts," "The Making of a Mackie," "The Golden Age of the Variety Show," "Messages to Carol" "Expecting the Unexpected" and "The Song and Dance"
- 20+ exclusive new interviews with stars of yesteryear and today, with Alan Alda, Julie Andrews, Tony Bennett, Pat Boone, Steve Carell, Vikki Carr, Carol Channing, Kristin Chenoweth, Tina Fey, Bill Hader, Shirley Jones, Queen Latifah, Gloria Loring, Burt Reynolds, Don Rickles, Lesley Ann Warren and more!
- A backstage tour of CBS Studio 33 where the show was originally taped
- Never-Before-Seen Bloopers & Outtakes
- Rare TV specials: Once Upon a Mattress starring Carol, Ken Berry and Bernadette Peters and Carol +2 featuring Lucille Ball and Zero Mostel
All housed in a deluxe collector's box, the sets also feature a glossy 40-page collectible Guest Book, that contains autographs from guests, fans and friends, archival production photos and notes from Carol.
Following the exclusive online release of these two configurations, Time Life will also release several retail configurations in Q3 2015.
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW debuted on CBS in 1967 and ran for 11 years, receiving 25 Emmy Awards and eight Golden Globes, making it one of the most honored shows in television history. TIME Magazine named THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW one of the "100 Best Television Shows of all Time" and Carol Burnett has been honored with more People's Choice Awards than any other actress.