Stuart Smith, an England-raised protégé of Ritchie Blackmore, is excited to share this news about the new HEAVEN & EARTH album (title and release date are TBA) and line-up. He says: "Joe Retta and I couldn't be more excited that Quarto Valley Records are once again behind us and that we have Lynn, Kenny and Ty on the new album. The writing chemistry between us is great and we have about 20 good ideas in the pot so far which we're working on. I think it's going to be Heaven & Earth's best album yet."
HEAVEN & EARTH's new line-up includes:
- Kenny Aronoff, among the world's most in-demand session drummers, will bring his tremendous drive, enthusiasm and creativity to HEAVEN & EARTH. In the mid-80s, Kenny began to develop an enormously successful career as a studio musician and went on to tour worldwide with artists including The Smashing Pumpkins, Bob Seger, John Fogerty, Melissa Etheridge, Joe Cocker, Willie Nelson, Styx, Goo Goo Dolls, Billy Gibbons, Ringo Starr, Dr. John, Gregg Allman, and many many more.
- Seasoned bassist/vocalist Lynn Sorensen--who's been Paul Rodgers' long time bass player and backing vocalist for over 10 years and moved over to Bad Company with Paul when he reformed Bad Company in 2008--is excited to join the band: "As a long time fan of Heaven & Earth it is an honor to have the opportunity to play with them. The Dig album simply blows my mind," says Lynn.
- Established B3 player/first-class keyboardist and founding member of the award-winning progressive jazz duo Ego Band USA, Ty Bailie brings his exceptional talents to HEAVEN & EARTH. Ty's diverse talent and love of all things music has lead to him performing with a myriad of musical icons including: Steve Cropper (Booker T. and the M.G.'s), Kenny Burrell, Peter Frampton, Robbie Robertson (Bob Dylan, the Band), Wanda Jackson, Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses), Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Ann Wilson (Heart), Ace Frehley (KISS), Counting Crows, Soundgarden, Yes and Tool, among others.
HEAVEN & EARTH connected strongly with music audiences on their 17-date European tour, garnering strong reviews along the way. The band will return to Europe next year when they play the Vasby Festival in Stockholm, Sweden July 17-28, 2015.
- "Those in the venue witnessed a very special show in an intimate setting and such an opportunity won`t be available for long as the band are destined for much bigger venues." (Metal Express Radio)
- "What a Night!…On the evidence of this performance, you should move on Heaven & Earth, not to miss them!" (Rocktopia)
- "Heaven & Earth may well have delivered one of the best shows of the year….A very special show by a hugely talented band" (The Newcastle Chronicle)
- "The highly acclaimed quintet from Los Angeles have a created a fusion of Blues and Hard Rock with a touch of classical which contains everything you could wish for…power anthems, ballads and melodic rock rub shoulders in a rather potent mix" (The Bolton News)
HEAVEN & EARTH's last album Dig (released this past April on Quarto Valley Records) was produced by Dave Jenkins--who's turned the knobs for everyone from Metallica to Tower of Power---and features special guests Howard Leese (Heart, Paul Rodgers), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi) and David Paich (Toto). HEAVEN & EARTH's music comes together explosively on the album's first single "No Money, No Love" and its controversial video which has logged over 500,000 view and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cdopr5d. Click here to stream Dig.
Be sure to pick up ANONYMOUS, the novel that Publishers Weekly hailed as a "well-crafted piece of experimental, voyeuristic fiction..." and "a winning jumble of the gritty, the raw, and the grotesque" at http://www.tanamor.com/p/anonymous.html.